Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Start the Presses!

Important message just arrived from my publishing house:

Home Fires of the Great War has just gone to press!

That's right! Only two weeks after I submitted all the files to Xulon, my book is at press! They said it could take 1-3 weeks to get it printed and then I have to wait until I get my free books before I order any. But, it's gone to press! Wow! Talk about fast service!

This is going to be one large book! I knew it would be big, but if I had realized just how big it would be, I would have specified a smaller font size.:) Mom doesn't care. She said it would be easier to read this way. I got the text galley yesterday and boy, does it look neat! I love the layout, and how it all looks! I hope you all do too. The pictures in the book add a great touch, and there is a "family list" at the beginning as well as a glossary of Scottish words at the end for those of you wondering what in the world some people said.:) I can't wait to make my book available to each of you.

2 comments: